8/02/2010

Home | Brazen Careerist

Lessons From My First Year Freelancing Full-Time

After four years of juggling freelance writing assignments with working a full-time job, last July I decided to step out of the boat of comfort and security and freelance full time. I was working as a marketing manager for a small non-profit organization, and was itching to see if I could really make a living as a writer. I was also tired of spending my lunch hours conducting phone interviews with sources in my car and living a double life. Do I tell my clients that I work full time? Do I tell my work colleagues about the latest article I’m writing? It was very liberating to focus solely on my freelance business. But it was also the scariest thing I’ve ever done professionally (and I’ve taken several risks in my young career).

Posted via email from soulhangout's posterous

No comments: